Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

WAKE UP, MAGGIE (the other wife)

He argues with Maggie (I named my Magellan when I bought her 2 years ago).  I wonder in dog-years how old she is now.  She's shared many a mile with us.  As I was saying --
He's arguing with Maggie (& me) -- I parrot Maggie's instructions as he wheels into the donut shop to ask for directions, just to prove her wrong.  She patiently accepts his challenge.  We both wait (it's a woman thing).  He swears we should be going north.
He strolls back to us, long slow strides...as if a dread in step.  Eases back into his cockpit still-warm seat.  Quietly says, (member this is Nate) "Sorry, Maggie."...."Sorry, Susan." 
Giddy, I respond, "That's fine.  Now you have two women to argue with."  I tell him, "Stay mad at Maggie.  I want to be the fun wife."  He promises, I can. 
I win!!!!
Sorry, Maggie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JYkQo1Qxt0

No comments:

Post a Comment