Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Romancing the Steel...I mean, Sand....no, Stone....no stone.


          
I watch him walk away from me, heading off, a pioneer of wonder.          


Nate likes to actually be covering ground when he walks.






I think he's reciting: 
"I believe that every human has a finite number of heartbeats, I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises." Neil Armstrong



I fully expected that, by the end of the century, we would have achieved substantially more than we actually did.
Neil Armstrong
But....all of a sudden Mr. Stills comes in and tries to convince me, "if you can't be with one you love, honey, love the one you're with". 
  "Romancing the Steel" soon to be released in a sand dune near you                                      
 

Then I explained to Mr. Stills how our house was such a very very fine house.  And we agreed with Ms. King that where he leads, I will follow -- anywhere...   
                                                                                  


                              SO...

I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
Neil Armstrong


I think we're going to the moon because it's in the nature of the human being to face challenges. It's by the nature of his deep inner soul... we're required to do these things just as salmon swim upstream.
Neil Armstrong





I was elated, ecstatic and extremely surprised that we were successful.
Neil Armstrong







Just gotta tell y'all how very fun this was....
Like each day:  "We could hardly wait to get up in the morning". Wilbur Wright.

And I just have to say:  "Isn't it astonishing that all these secrets have been preserved for so many years just so we could discover them!"  Orville Wright

Hats off to the Wright brothers who believed, dreamed and made life more exciting, more convenient for all of us.  Just think you, or someone you know, may be making a difference right now that will be a wonderful legacy in another's life today and future generations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment